Saturday, May 9, 2009

Money back week

I received a letter from the income tax department 2 days ago.  They said they have received my request and will send me a cheque for what they owe me (over a thousand ringgit) in two weeks! I'm now quite impressed with the Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri for their efficiency. Thank God :)

My dad also dug out a letter I had been waiting for for over a year (he had kept it conveniently!) from my bank in UK.  I had asked for a telegraphic transfer of my money in my UK account that had become dormant over the years to my account in Malaysia. It was quite a tedious task of calling UK, sending them my details and original documents so I was quite frustrated when I didn't receive a reply. Little did I know my dad had kept the letter.  Since its been over a year, I will have to go to my bank and request for last year's statements to check whether the money has been transferred. 

I really thank God for His showers of blessings this week. Although there have been ups and downs as usual, I must remember to be thankful instead of complaining.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow so nice... LHDN boleh! Once you get the cheque quickly go to the bank ok. Else, credit card will charge interest he he he.