Saturday, May 30, 2009

Missing Nepal

As I was taking Spottie on a short walk this morning, enjoying the perfect weather, tranquility and greenery around me, I was suddenly reminded of Nepal. And at that very minute, that thought triggered something in my heart, and I started missing Nepal...a lot.  The more I reflected on my trips to Nepal, the more I missed it. I've been to many other countries, but I don't miss any of them like I miss Nepal. 

I began to process what I was feeling in my mind, and I wondered whether it was remotely possible that for some reason, I had some kind of calling there at a certain point in my life... possibly in the future. When I think about Nepal, I feel joy, awe, excitement and a mix of nice feelings! 

Is it just that I had 'out-of-this-world' experiences in my 3 mission trips to Nepal over the past 5 years... or is it that God has planted something special in my heart for that country? Is this why I often feel restless and frustrated at the work I'm currently doing, feeling that I should be doing more? 

My hope is that at the end of my life, I would be able to say that I have done what God intended me to do in my lifetime. And I hope and pray that I will be obedient and courageous to do what God asks, because nothing else matters except walking in the perfect will of God.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his goodpleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2




3 comments:

jules said...

there is always a possibility of this calling yah :) the calling to make a difference & give hope to those who needs it the most.

Prospero said...

Since you love dogs, I thought I'd say hello. I've never been to Nepal, but it seems like a spiritual place.

Stephanie said...

Debbie, Prospero's pet, Angelina... she is very adorable! Hmm... you are making me think of Nepal now. But, I am still so sure if I will be going end of this year. See how first :-)