Thursday, May 21, 2009

Make-up Artists

I've been busy searching the internet for make-up artists for my wedding day. There are just a handful of them with portfolios online in Malaysia. I've received quite a few recommendations from my friends, but I find it too risky to commit to any make-up artist without seeing their portfolios first. I'm not a risk-taker and seeing one beautiful bride is not enough!

Thankfully, there are bridal forums and after reading countless pages of threads online, I have found a few highly recommended make-up artists in KL. Their prices range from RM500 - RM1000, largely depending on their portfolios. A good make-up artist must also be good at doing hairstyle!

I think the bride's make-up and hairstyle is very important for the wedding day because all eyes will be on her and hundreds of photos will be taken and probably posted everywhere, like facebook. Haha. So avoid a disaster here. Besides having make-up and hair skills, its important that the make-up artist arrives on time and doesn't get lost on the way to the bride's house. Haven't heard of that happening before though!

Another thing I look for in a make-up artist is their friendliness :) I called up a make-up artist yesterday and although her portfolio was really good, I was put off by her abruptness over the phone. I didn't get the impression that she was friendly, so I decided on another make-up artist after that.

Looking forward to my make-up trial next week :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes! make-up artist very important. Good that you spent some time to look around. I hope you would like the trial next week. Hey, be careful of the fake eyelashes. If you don't like them, just tell the artist to change other types. Nowadays I think there should be many types in the market. Last time, the individual fake lashes works better on me. If you walk into the church with a 'senget' one you may frighten Thoo... he is afraid of 'peacock' you know, ha ha ha...

jules said...

Agree. Punctuality is very important. The last thing you want is to rush your hair and make up or spend time on it when you are suppose to be entertaining you guests.

Also, check if they are available to do touch up as well. Some really good ones, they stay throughout the wedding "just in case" bride needs to to cry etc. ;-p

Just Shelley... said...

Stephanie you so funny!!!! Ha ha ha!
I lurvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the effect of fake eyelashes!!!! Makes me just want to stare into the mirror all the time - to admire myself. Hahahahahahaha