Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Worshipping Together

Hubby bought a clavinova for my birthday and its been keeping me occupied and happy the past 2 weeks! I love being able to practise more often now and I'm trying to improve in my playing techniques.

HH and I have begun worshipping together quite frequently with him on the guitar and me on the piano. I really enjoy it. We're both still quite amateurish in our playing, but I believe we'll improve in time :)

At times when I feel down emotionally, I will plonk myself at the piano and just play a few songs. I don't sing most of the time (I always stop when it comes to the high notes because my voice can't reach it), I'll just sing 'in my heart' and I'll feel God's peace enveloping me. Worshipping God reminds me that God is always greater than any circumstance I may be facing and that He will take care of things for me.

Worshipping God brings me closer to Him.

Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span. Exodus 23:24-26

2 comments:

jules said...

awww, so sweet.
yes, you will definitely improve in time. keep it up. :)

i haven't touch my piano in ages. the tv is constantly on and blaring in my house till after 12 everyday! maybe it is just an excuse. maybe i should sleep really early and wake up really early in the morning and wake my family with the piano. hmmm...

Stephanie said...

Debbie, wow so nice! Both of you performing this Christmas? Time to show off those hidden talents!

Julia, time to get one into your beautiful green room he he... tell Jesus you need a new job!!!