Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Misadventures of Me

I've been having a series of misadventures at home since I got married. This morning I put 2 slices of bread in the toaster, then I went off to water the plants. I spent some time looking at the plants and when I got back to my toaster the bread was burnt. I had to make another 2 slices.

2 weeks ago I decided to vacuum the house. The vacuum cleaner was making strange noises but I decided to continue vacuuming. Suddenly, smoke started coming out of it and the noises sounded like little eruptions. I panicked and switched it off.. but fumes were still coming out of it. The house stank of vacuum fumes after that and I had to air the whole house and spray air freshener all over the place.

I think I'll wait a little while more before taking the blender out of the box....

5 comments:

Lee Peng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee Peng said...

It's all part of the learning curve, Debbie. At least you did not burn a favourite shirt while ironing.

Hehehe... it took me 5 years to unbox my blender (wedding gift). I sure hope you'll unbox your blender much sooner!

Stephanie said...

I have one spoilt vacuum cleaner in my storeroom. It got burnt the same way too!

jules said...

so much drama with the electrical appliances. :) i'm sure you will get over it soon.

Just Shelley... said...

Debbie, so farnee!!! It's like a comedy, almost!