Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rediscovering me

Marriage has changed my lifestyle a little. Hubby's alarm rings at 7am from Monday to Saturday, and my alarm rings at 7:20am on Sundays. When he travels, the alarm rings at 4:30am! I never used to hear the alarm clock ring except on Sundays! So no more waking up at 9am on weekdays. Its not a bad thing though... Now I get to spend some time reading the Bible and praying before I rush off to work (as opposed to praying in the car during my singlehood). Plus, I have time to feed the fish, water the plants and make myself a simple breakfast. Marriage is good for my self-disclipline.

I have discovered that I enjoy housework - ironing, cleaning, cooking, shopping for household things. Maybe its because I got married in my 30s and have been too comfortable the past many years. There are so many things I want to learn! I have a new interest in looking for recipes online and I seem to be spending a lot more time in supermarkets. Not only that, I have started to have an eye for all sorts of cooking utensils. I have transformed into a housewife overnight!

4 comments:

jules said...

great to read that you're excited about so many things in marriage life. keep it up ;-D

Stephanie said...

very good start ;-D

Abigail said...

Try this blog... written by a Chinese mommy in Australia. Nice mix of Asian + Western food... from main meals to pastries! Not to mention nice yummy photos :P One of my favourite!

http://en.christinesrecipes.com/

Just Shelley... said...

Hooray!!! Sounds good :)