Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nearly there!

I'm now 36 weeks pregnant and baby Caleb (yes, that's his name) will be full-term in a few days. I get tired easily nowadays and don't go out as often as I used to. I'm glad that I'm still able to take Spottie on his 45 minute walks around the neighbourhood though! I wonder whether my dogs realise I'm pregnant, they must have noticed my belly increasing in size over the past few months.
I feel excited that Caleb is arriving very soon, but also anxious of the whole birth process. Been watching too many pregnancy programmes on TV and reading an assortment of pregnancy books to equip myself with the necessary information so that I won't freak out when the time comes.

My parents and in-laws are super excited of course. Mother-in-law has been giving me lots of advice on what I should and should not do during confinement to which my standard reply is 'OK'. However, I have decided that I'm going to wash my hair no matter what (contrary to the traditional Chinese confinement practice of not washing hair 12 days after giving birth). I simply cannot imagine refraining from a hair wash for 12 days. I think its completely unhygienic. Plus I want my newborn son to see me looking nice and pleasant, not scary.

We've pretty much got everything ready... baby room, baby supplies and my hospital bag is packed. Now I've just gotta pray that baby comes out smoothly and at the right time too.

Caleb's Room

1 comment:

Sing Lum said...

Nice Room Deco. Reminder If can try not to wash your hair too oftr and get your feet wet too much coz really have side effect. You can ask Gem..